Image Map

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

pumpkin spice coffee syrup

Today really felt like fall is right around the corner so I decided to whip up some pumpkin spice coffee syrup. Pumpkin spice is my favorite flavor to add to my lattes. I found this recipe and decided to tweak it a bit to make mine. 











Pumpkin Spice Coffee Syrup
adapted from Two Red Bowls.

1 1/4 cups water
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup pumpkin

1. Combine water and sugars in sauce pan and bring to a boil. Boil until sugars are dissolved then reduce heat to low.
2. Add in cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin. Whisk vigorously to combine and let simmer 5-10 minutes stirring constantly. Do not let come to a boil.
3. Let cool on stove about 10 minutes then pour through a fine mesh strainer into jar or container. When I was straining the mixture I had to clean the mesh off a few times.

Keep stored in refrigerator. I used about 3 tablespoons of syrup for each mug of coffee.

This tastes so much better than any store bought pumpkin syrup I have tried. So delicious and pumpkiny. It also made my whole house smell like cinnamon! Always a plus!

1 comment:

  1. my feed is starting to overflow with pumpkin this and pumpkin that and it's still like 90 degrees here.
    I just pinned this so I can make it as soon as it starts to cool off though. thanks for sharing and also I love the mug shirt combo!

    ReplyDelete